|Trillion Dollar Highway Plans
= Multiple Bypass Surgery
a state by state list
|High Priority Corridors
specified by Congress in 1991, 1995, 1998, 2005, 2012
|Corridors of the Future|
| J. Edgar Hoover Parkway: transportation surveillance,
mileage taxes, RFID & video tolling
Corridor A to X in AL, GA, MD, MS, NC, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA, WV
High Priority Corridor 1: North South Corridor
I-49, I-130, I-540, US 71
High Priority Corridor 2: Avenue of the Saints Corridor
St. Louis, MO to St. Paul, MN - US 61, US 218, Iowa 27, I-380, US 18
High Priority Corridor 3: East - West Transamerica Corridor
I-66, US 460, Kentucky 80, US 400, US 54, I-40
East-West Transamerica Corridor commencing on the Atlantic Coast in the Hampton Roads area going westward across Virginia to the vicinity of Lynchburg, Virginia, continuing west to serve Roanoke and then to a West Virginia corridor centered around Beckley to Welch as part of the Coalfields Expressway described in section 1069(v), then to Williamson sharing a common corridor with the I-73/74 Corridor (referred to in item 12 of the table contained in subsection (f)), then to a Kentucky Corridor centered on the cities of Pikeville, Jenkins, Hazard, London, Somerset; then generally following the Louie B. Nunn Parkway corridor [I-66] from Somerset to Columbia, to I-65; then to Bowling Green, Hopkinsville, Benton, and Paducah, into Illinois, and into Missouri and exiting western Missouri and moving westward across southern Kansas.
In Missouri, this upgrades Route 60.
High Priority Corridor 23: Interstate 35
The Interstate Route 35 Corridor from Laredo, Texas, through Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, to Wichita, Kansas, to Kansas City, Kansas/ Missouri, to Des Moines, Iowa, to Minneapolis, Minnesota, to Duluth, Minnesota, including I-29 between Kansas City and the Canadian border and the connection from Wichita, Kansas, to Sioux City, Iowa, which includes I-135 from Wichita, Kansas to Salina, Kansas, United States Route 81 from Salina, Kansas, to Norfolk, Nebraska, Nebraska State Route 35 from Norfolk, Nebraska, to South Sioux City, Nebraska, and the connection to I-29 in Sioux City, Iowa.
High Priority Corridor 61: Missouri Corridors
In the State of Missouri, the corridors consisting of the following highways:
- Interstate Route 70, from Interstate Route 29/35 to United States Route 61/Avenue of the Saints.
- Interstate Route 72/United States Route 36, from the intersection with Interstate Route 29 to United States Route 61/Avenue of the Saints.
- United States Route 67, from Interstate Route 55 to the Arkansas State line.
- United States Route 65, from United States Route 36/Interstate Route 72 to the East-West TransAmerica corridor, at the Arkansas State line.
- United States Route 63, from United States Route 36 and the proposed Interstate Route 72 to the East-West TransAmerica corridor, at the Arkansas State line.
- United States Route 54, from the Kansas State line to United States Route 61/ Avenue of the Saints.
High Priority Corridor 72 (same as Corridor 1)
Kansas City just built a new interstate highway through the downtown - US 71 (future I-49)
St. Louis finally built a 10 lane interstate through Creve Couer Park, Highway 370 was also recently finished. Massive expansion underway for existing interstate 64.
Route 36 (future I-72?) in northern Missouri - some parts freeway, others dual highway, others are rural roads. Hannibal to St. Joseph. Parts under construction.